Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Carlie's FAMOUS Smoked Salmon Dip with Crostinis

 


My Smoked Salmon Dip is probably my MOST FAVORITE RECIPE! It's easy and inexpensive to make. It's a little fancy. It tastes REALLLLY good and allll of my friends are CRAZY about it. I decided to share this recipe with you, first, because as I have grown as a home cook, my recipe has, indeed, improved. I am very proud of it and I am delighted to share it with you. With Superbowl Sunday Approaching, I thought this would be a fabulous addition to your spread of goodies. And ,Yes, even the manliest of men can't resist it.

Before I go over the ingredients, Let's talk smoked salmon. In order for this recipe to be quick and easy, you're going to have to buy your salmon already smoked. It's usually sold in the same part of the grocery store where the fish is and its generally in a cooler. Make sure the packaging says SMOKED SALMON. There are two different kinds of packaged salmon one is the smoked salmon and the other package says "Nova Salmon. DO NOT BUY NOVA SALMON.

 Nova salmon or Lox is a salmon fillet that has been brined not smoked. Its usually used in a Brunch favorite like Bagel and Lox which is a toasted Bagel, cream cheese, tomato, lox, capers and red onion. The texture is completely different and it does not flake so you will be in for a great disappointment. Just ask my best friend, Brittany. 

Now that we've got that out of the way...

Smoked Salmon Dip Ingredients:



4 oz Smoked Salmon

8 oz Softened Cream Cheese

1 tbsp Mayonnaise 

1 tsp Freshly minced garlic

1 tbsp finely chopped red onion (because a lot of my friends are not onion fans I will generally puree the onion. they don't even know its there.

1 tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika

And a couple shakes of Worcestershire Sauce and a tiny drizzle of Olive oil . 


The Directions are Simple:
With an electric mixer; mix together cream cheese, mayo, garlic, onion, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce,and olive oil until everything is completely blended.






Flake in the salmon and gently fold it into your cream cheese mixture.






You can serve immediately or you Chill and serve later. I prefer the latter. To me, it tastes better the next day. 



Crostinis

1 French Baguette 

 Olive Oil 

Your Favorite Italian Seasonings (i usually use a little garlic powder, oregano, parsley, and basil) 

Directions:

Using a Serrated Knife cut the baguette into 1/2 inch rounds.



Anytime you're cutting bread, use a serrated knife so that you don't ruin the bread when you cut it.



 Place the cut baguette rounds onto a baking sheet and brush the tops with olive oil.




Sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning onto each round and gently press it into the bread. ( or you can mix together the seasoning and the olive oil and brush them onto the bread together) Bake for about 20 minutes. Let them cool completely




And THAT'S IT!!

To Serve:

Take about a tablespoon of Dip and spoon it onto a crostini. Because I like fancy looking food. I garnish with fresh parsley.



Smoked Salmon dip is a great appetizer for a dinner party, a potluck, or a late night snack. Where ever you choose to serve it, I guarantee, it will be the star of the show!! 















1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thanks so much for sharing! Now I can try this fancy recipe! I know it'll never be as tasty as yours!

    ReplyDelete