Monday, January 26, 2015

FINALLY!!!



I’m Carlie-- a GORGEOUS twenty something hairstylist who has many passions. My favorite one of all, would have to be my passion for Food! No! It's Cooking! Let me take that back. Culinary Arts! 
Wikipedia describes the culinary arts as the Preparation, the Cooking, and Presentation of food. I love everything about food. I could, literally, spend hours in the Grocery Store, reading labels, tasting cheeses, googling produce, spices, teas, and all that jazz. There is just way too much to do there!

I have always enjoyed cooking and I have always been good at it. I spent a lot of time in the kitchen with my mother and my grandmother when I was a little, watching, asking questions, and tasting. At first, it was little things like brownies made from scratch with melted Dove milk chocolate candies instead of cocoa powder and chicken spaghetti with bowtie noodles (my best friend calls it bowtie surprise).  The older I got, the more I experimented. 

One day, almost two years ago, one of my friends who also happens to be a neighbor called me to vent, she was having a crappy week so I invited her over to have leftovers with me. The night before, I’d prepared a Mexican feast for my family. Burritos, enchiladas, Spanish rice, black bean and corn salsa, and Sangria, My family’s favorite. I had made so much food we had leftovers that would last for days. When she arrived, I fixed her a plate; she was so impressed with my hospitality and presentation she didn’t want to touch her food, So she took a photo of it. We ate, we talked, we drank and while she sat there I baked her some cookies. Thinking back on that day gets me so tickled.


Later that evening, when she got home, she posted a picture of her food. Nobody knew I cooked the way I did so when she added the hashtag #mystylistcancook people started asking questions.Did you make that?? How?? Do you always cook like this?? ...And so on. Before I knew it, I was posting pictures of food every day. I was so pleased with the reactions and I got to a point where I was looking forward to sharing the things I made with social media.  I’ve always been proud of the meals I have prepared. I put my heart and soul into them. I love with food. But the responses I got from people were very inspiring.  Because I don’t really write down recipes, it’s hard for me to share them when people ask for them. So I’ve decided to create a food blog. I want to share the things I  know.Inspire home cooks to be more creative...to not be afraid of food. It really is amazing.  I want to make decent home cooks, better and make good home cooks, great.  

Wish me luck. 

4 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful person inside and out! God has blessed you with so many talents! I'm so proud of you. You have one heck of a creative mind!! May you have continued success with every endeavor you encounter!

    -Kalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you started this! I love food! I love cooking! I love your creativity and your cooking so I can't wait to see what you share with us! Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog site has your personality written all over it....and I LOVE IT!!! I will be sure to spread the word. I'm sure there are others who would love to drool at all your food pics and recipes like I do on a regular basis! You were always the real MVP in the kitchen in college, so I'm a living testimony to your skillful history! XOXO

    Love always,

    Cortelius "Salamanda" Holmes

    ReplyDelete